Easy solutions for a better mood
There are lots of ideas and methods for elevating your mood in the press on a daily basis. The following I have recommended to my patients and have found good success within a few weeks to several months.
1. Exercise – get 30-40 minutes of aerobics 3-5 x a week.
2. SAME – take 800-1,200 mg of SAME (5-adenosylmethionine) 2 x day. Do not take for bipolar disorder.
3. St. John’s Wort – take 300 mg 3 x day.
4. Omega 3 fatty acids – 1-2 gms. daily of EPA
5. B vitamins – use whole food if possible
6. Light. It requires a 10,000 lux (illuminance) 30 – 60 min/daily. You need to look at the light every minute for a few seconds. www.lighttherapyproducts.com
7. Meditation – tapes, and/or any method or activity that feels relaxing